The FAI Don’t X the Line campaign was established in 2009 to promote good behaviour throughout grassroots football. The programme is not only aimed at the players but spectators, parents, coaches and managers to behave while attending games.
The five aims of the campaign are:
1. To eradicate aggressive and abusive behaviour from players and spectators.
2. To promote zero tolerance of defamatory comments or language, be it racial or discriminatory, towards referees, fellow players and other supporters.
3. To promote an environment for sportsmanship and fair play in underage football.
4. To provide education to adults and young people on the importance of respect and tolerance in football.
5. To encourage safe participation for players and spectators.
It is hoped the campaign will be adopted by clubs throughout Galway. Any clubs interested in more information please contact me on 086-0418648.