The GMIT New Frontiers Business Start-Up Programme is now open. New Frontiers is Ireland’s national entrepreneur development programme, delivered locally by Galway Mayo Institute of Technology and funded by Enterprise Ireland.
If you have an innovative business idea with a plan to establish your own company, or you are already at an early stage of development, the New Frontiers Programme can provide you with funding, help and support to develop your new business. Participants can remain in their own office, enterprise centre, start-up hub, work from home and/or avail of the GMIT Innovation Hubs.
How does the programme benefit entrepreneurs?
• Expertise in all areas of business including investment, market research and validation, business model, patenting, product development, sales and marketing.
• Mentoring from experienced business advisers and practitioners.
• Office space (if needed) and other business incubation facilities.
• €15,000 funding to cover full-time participation in the second phase of the programme.
• Networking opportunities with other entrepreneurs and business development agencies.
• Introductions to seed and early-stage capital investment networks.
• Access to entrepreneurship best practice – both national and international.
• Peer group learning from participants in this region and across the country.
• Access to the expertise in Enterprise Ireland through the Market Research Centre.
• Expertise from GMIT and the supportive environment of the Innovation Hubs in Galway and Mayo.
Ideally applicants should have an innovative idea, be capable of building a new company, create employment, generate sales revenue, and have export potential.
Apply early as places are limited. First preference places will be offered to those who return their applications by Thursday 16 March. The planned start date for Phase 1 of the programme is 1 April.
Copyright © 2011-2017 Galway Independent